- Woden location
- 6-month contract
- EL1 equivalent
The ASEAN-Australia Special Summit will be attended by the leaders of the 10 ASEAN members and up to 500 delegates and media.
The HR Advisor position will be to support and enable the Taskforce to deliver a successful and dignified Summit.
This position will have a focus on getting the right people into the right jobs and ensuring a healthy and safe workforce.
The EL1 position will lead the HR function within the Taskforce with support from another HR Adviser. The successful candidate will require capacity to respond well in a constantly changing environment and the ability to scan the environment and respond to the issue of the day.
This role will report directly to Director, Corporate but will also work closely with Directors across the Taskforce and Head of Operations. A high level of HR expertise and knowledge is required in order to deliver holistic and diverse HR services.
- Manage Phase 3 Secondment Programme
- Oversee the recruitment process for the Taskforce and escalate issue to the Director Corporate as required
- Encourage meritorious and transparent recruitment processes across the Taskforce
- Work with People Branch to lead Work, Health and Safety within the Taskforce, particularly over the Summit
- Empower managers with the required training to conduct wellbeing surveillance especially leading up to Summit time
- Work with managers to address performance and attendance issues if they arise, referring more complex cases
- Work with Director, Corporate to manage and communicate staffing budget
- Work with Executive to identify and respond to training needs across the Taskforce
- Develop HR policy and advice around the way we work in the Taskforce.
- Develop clear policy to disseminate to the Taskforce. This may include handbooks, including a handbook for Summit time (preparing for the Summit and tools, contacts and resources)
- Contribute to the master risk register, actively managing and/or mitigating HR risks
- Facilitate an exit strategy for staff when Taskforce is stood down or people return to their home agencies
- Champion inclusion and diversity across both Policy and Operations.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To be suitable for this role, you will need to have:
- Organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure;
- Project management/coordination experience;
- Problem-solving skills and diplomacy;
- Ability to interpret policy information and provide accurate advice;
- A flexible, proactive approach;
- Administrative skills;
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- This position may require interstate travel, especially in March 2018.
Applicants must hold a current Baseline Clearance
For further details please contact Laura Ferguson at Laura@fprs.com.au
FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions is a 100% Indigenous Owned Business providing temporary assignments, fixed term contracts and permanent recruitment solutions to the Australian Government and Commercial Organisations.
Our Head Office is based in Canberra with a national reach to all the states and territories, regional and remote areas of Australia.
FIRST PEOPLE Recruitment Solutions encourage applications from Indigenous Australians and Non-Indigenous Australians together with people from culturally diverse backgrounds.